Yorkshire in Bloom Co-Ordinator Opportunity
Designation: Yorkshire in Bloom Co-ordinator
Responsible to: The Chairman and Trustees of Yorkshire In Bloom
Effective From: June 2017 for an initial 12 month period
Salary basis: Self Employed £12.00 per hour
Hours of Work: Flexible hours,
minimum payment of 8 hours Per week 48 weeks per year with annualised hours commensurate with workload.
Purpose : To co-ordinate and support the various entries into the Yorkshire in Bloom competition, liaise with and support the chairman and trustees and provide a link to the wider Bloom community, promoting the campaign at every opportunity.
1. To act as a main point of contact for Yorkshire in Bloom, dealing with all forms of enquiries, telephone, email and written.
2. Assigning new entrants to the appropriate executive member to provide initial support and encouragement.
3. Collating entries and advising entrants as to their appropriate categories.
4. Assisting the assigned members of the executive to manage the judging allocation process and liaise with judges and entrants dealing with and solving any issues that may arise.
5. Creating and maintaining databases, records and assisting to develop the website.
6. Supporting the chairman and executive committee at meetings, preparing agendas, minute taking and advising members of pertinent issues.
7. Recording and processing entry fees, requesting payments and liaising with the treasurer over financial transactions.
8. Collating judge’s reports and notes and distributing them to the entries, trustees and judges as appropriate.
9. Assisting with event management, seminars, awards ceremonies and judges training.
10. Main point of contact between the executive and the RHS, submitting appropriate data to support the region and managing the IYN programme.
11. Submission to the treasurer of monthly invoices and expenses claims.
Any other duties as assigned by the Chairman and Trustees of Yorkshire in Bloom
This role is subject annual review and may be terminated by either party by serving 30 days notice in writing.
Yorkshire in Bloom Co-ordinator (Freelance) £12.00 per hour for a minimum 48 weeks at 8 hours per week (annualised hours system applies)
Do you want to be part of the growing success of Yorkshire in Bloom, we are looking for an enthusiastic co-ordinator with an excellent customer focused approach to assist the regional committee of RHS Yorkshire to develop and promote the campaign across the county. Working on a freelance, self employed basis you will be required to work on your own initiative liaising with entries, judges and trustees, working mainly from home, although attendance at various meetings across the county will be required. The role mainly involves administration and support, and you will be expected to provide your own IT equipment, although consideration will be given to expenses, such as phone and internet access. A period of induction to the role will be provided prior to the current post holder leaving the role.
The successful applicant will have excellent organisational, communication and administration skills, be extremely customer focused have a good working knowledge of word, powerpoint and excel and be able to work flexibly. A current driving licence will be essential, for which a mileage allowance will be provided.
The peak months of activity are centred around the summer assessment period leading to the annual awards in September. The role is initially for a 12 month period however this may be extended on an annual basis subject to agreement of the trustees of Yorkshire in Bloom.
Should the entry level exceed its current level of 220 by a minimum of 20% consideration may be given to extending the minimum number of hours paid commensurate with the increase in numbers.
Written expressions of interest complete with any relevant previous experience to be submitted by the 31st of March 2017 to the Chairman of Yorkshire in Bloom. Brendan Mowforth, email, firstname.lastname@example.org